Cover of a Kenna song - Sun Red Sky Blue

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I do these for vocal practice. I wouldn't say I took this too far from the original, but feedback welcome in terms of vocals/production/whatever.

https://soundcloud.com/kearley/sun-red-sky-blue

Cool, vocals reminded me of Peter Gabriel. Like a DnB crossover like Rudimental.

A bit too loud for my liking, i think it would benefit from less limiting....just sayin.

Thanks for listening. So I'm absolutely not a singer.. but I'll keep at it.

Normally I'm just hollering. For this one, I'm kind of trying to hold the tone in a different (bodily) spot. Hopefully over time I'll figure out some consistency.

I wonder, is there a decent 'singing' forum out there? Any suggestions?

Danno wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:08 pm Thanks for listening. So I'm absolutely not a singer.. but I'll keep at it.

Sounding pretty good to me!

Produced nicely too. One thing I'd think about with the vocals is to not have the multitracking/harmonized stuff all the time - save it more for emphasis on choruses, single lines or even individual words. Trouble with multitracking (and one I fall into too..) is that it sounds so lush that the temptation is to overuse it, whereas sometimes a more direct and drier sound is good for the song in terms of contrast in parts.

Ya, that's valid, thanks.

Return to “Music Cafe”