Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

databroth wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:52 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:42 am I don't have Myth in front of me but is there a "phase control on the lfo? If so, you could use a combination of key reset and phase offset via a cc to get the lfo behavior you want. A bit of a hassle but it would work. Having a robust selection of clocking and reset behavior for LFOs is definitely the move.

Edit: or just use automation/ host modulation if it's available.
there is phase control, but currently there is no transport lock, which is what they are looking for
a few issues
A) there's no way to determine the "first" note
B) there's no way to determine when the Daw starts
C) the arps are sending midi to Myth, so there's no way to determine the difference between an arp note and a piano roll note

it is a contingency I've brought up with Dawesome before, and one I hope we find a solution for
I meant basically modulating the LFO's phase with a simple ramp (cc or automation or anything global) from the DAW like a phasor so that it would constantly be in sync with the DAW. Not sure if that would be workable in myth but I've done it with other synths to get around this problem.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

databroth wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:37 pm
Borbolactic wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:38 pm So maybe Myth's secretly a glorified sampler?

Vital is secretly an additive synthesizer
I'm sorry, but it's not, it's not a sampler at all
I explained it to you already, and I'm not sure how the video you linked implies that myth is a sampler in any way what so ever

I work for dawesome, as you quoted, I've talked with Peter about the sound engine
I don't think he'd lie to me
what do we even have to gain from lying about this anyways??

I read more of your posts, I don't know why you are insistent on Myth being a sampler now?
it simply isn't, it's not a sampler, you seem to be equating any sound generation to "sampler"
I feel like you have a preconceived notion about what you want Myth to be, and you're going out of your way to justify this. Do you think I am lying to you? Do you believe me or Dawesome to be mistaken about the tool he created?
Of course it's not a sampler, DataBroth, or granular synth for that matter.
I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek vis-a-vis your video about Vital 'secretly' being an additive synth. Nevertheless, however, Myth does appear to work with audio files in at least part of the flow, which, along with '500 MSEGS', may go some ways in explaining why one author I previously quoted said to the effect that Myth 'felt' granular.

I suppose KVR's fine with the haunting of the fora with 'paid affiliates' and their potential for and/or inherent conflicts-of-interest and/or biases and other related potential effects, such as the possible discouragement of fair critique and inquiry, which is why I posted your disclosure.
"...there is a 90 day demo, you can try it for yourself at any point
I do suggest demoing it and seeing for yourself..." ~ DataBroth
I already know that, thanks.
whatever I say though doesn't seem to matter, you get to chose to believe whatever it is you chose to believe.
Lots of things 'matter' and different things matter to different people.
"I think we should all live in the world where we make the best music we can with whatever tools we chose to use, be it Myth or anything else." ~ DataBroth

Agreed.
for the record, vital isn't actually an additive synthesizer, that title is sort of a joke, I didn't mean it literally, it is a narrative device which I chose to frame a tutorial around. The idea is that you can achieve sounds that are similar to additive synthesis with a non-additive synthesizer.
Sure.

databroth wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:55 pm some people seem to just be in here to argue
it's a shame, but whatever, I'm not here to argue
Frankly, your first comment to me felt somewhat insulting and argumentative or something like that...
Borbolactic wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:32 pm
How does Myth compare with Synplant 2?

DataBroth:
I keep seeing similar questions pop up
I find it a bit strange to compare these two
I understand that they both have a sample import function that does something novel
but the similarities end there

it's like asking how ableton compares to serum, or how spaghetti compares to pizza
Maybe what with your paid position with Dawesome for example, your You Tube channel, and all your presents in various synths and whatnot, it's getting to your head.
And so maybe when people like me come in and may not know as much and/or are missing some 'status' compared to you in particular areas, maybe you feel you can judge their questions to their face as 'strange' or 'cookie-cutter' and whatnot or analogize their question with comparing a DAW to a wavetable synth, etc..

Borbolactic wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:51 pm
databroth wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:55 pm some people seem to just be in here to argue
it's a shame, but whatever, I'm not here to argue
Frankly, your first comment to me felt somewhat insulting and argumentative or something like that...
Borbolactic wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:32 pm
How does Myth compare with Synplant 2?

DataBroth:
I keep seeing similar questions pop up
I find it a bit strange to compare these two
I understand that they both have a sample import function that does something novel
but the similarities end there

it's like asking how ableton compares to serum, or how spaghetti compares to pizza
Maybe what with your paid position with Dawesome for example, your You Tube channel, and all your presents in various synths and whatnot, it's getting to your head.
And so maybe when people like me come in and may not know as much and/or are missing some 'status' compared to you in particular areas, maybe you feel you can judge their questions to their face as 'strange' or 'cookie-cutter' and whatnot or analogize their question with comparing a DAW to a wavetable synth, etc..
Now that everybody shared their feelings we can go back to the topic of this thread please? :hug:

well I apologize, I did not mean to insult you or make you feel insulted

otherwise,
you've stated your opinion of me, lets leave it at that

take care
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

databroth wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:15 pm but first I need to get a lot of the standard stuff out for people. A lot of sounds aren't particularly exciting, but having a solid collection of keys can really make song writing a more dynamic experience
Curious, it this your personal feeling or also the company’s ?
Philippe

p1afff wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:35 pm
databroth wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:15 pm but first I need to get a lot of the standard stuff out for people. A lot of sounds aren't particularly exciting, but having a solid collection of keys can really make song writing a more dynamic experience
Curious, it this your personal feeling or also the company’s ?
Mine, hmmm, I'm a bit worried now about how this reads
by "A lot of sounds aren't particularly exciting" I 100% meant, a lot of the sounds I'm working on for this particular pack aren't particularly exciting.

this is not a statement on any other sounds or sounds in general

and by "not particularly exciting" I don't mean they are bad or boring by any means, just that they aren't crazy flashy bass patches or wild warping sound effects.

edit: just went back to check my original message
in context it makes more sense, this was after mentioning "osmium replicator" which would be an example of a "more exciting" sound that won't be the style of this next pack.

I hope this clears things up, if this was even the intention of your question??
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

no chatter, just brut...

(the sample for Battery 2 was made by someone that shared on the Dawesome Village Discord server... shall retrieve the name...)

https://youtu.be/L9nkNyne0w8?si=PAhWdX0ivQqlaAfq

databroth wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:43 pm
databroth wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:15 pm A lot of sounds aren't particularly exciting,
If I take the statement to *actually* literally refer to the world's sounds in general, that's a statement I think you're in the green expressing lol.

It's also fine if I take it as you intended it. But that's less funny than imagining a picky sound connaisseur not enjoying most sounds anymore. :ud:

Andreya_Autumn wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:59 pm
databroth wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:15 pm A lot of sounds aren't particularly exciting,
If I take the statement to *actually* literally refer to the world's sounds in general, that's a statement I think you're in the green expressing lol.

It's also fine if I take it as you intended it. But that's less funny than imagining a picky sound connaisseur not enjoying most sounds anymore. :ud:
haha, thank you
I was just worried because of the way the other person was asking

I'm really excited to share this pack and think it will open a lot of people up to new uses of Myth

I see a lot people saying "great for pads and ambience", which is true, but also that leaves out something else. Myth is the best Dawesome plugin for keys and plucks so far
it can also do really cool basses and leads, that will be the next pack I work on

databroth wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:09 pm

haha, thank you

I'm really excited to share this pack and think it will open a lot of people up to new uses of Myth

I see a lot people saying "great for pads and ambience", which is true, but also that leaves out something else. Myth is the best Dawesome plugin for keys and plucks so far
it can also do really cool basses and leads, that will be the next pack I work on
It's a beast for rhythmic stuff.

I put two breaks into Myth and added a few oscillators and other shenanigans.

It's Wild.

All triggered with one note looping. No external sequencing.

https://youtu.be/iPSAuv39gMo?si=FNGzBdf71niWYRY4

kraster wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:13 am One use for Myth that I don't see mentioned a lot is that it's one of the best drum loop manglers in existence.

It's also extremely easy to sync a loop to tempo. Just use the "Create and use new LFO" command after dragging a loop to an Iris, set it to whatever bar division you want and adjust the start and end points so it loops in time with the DAW.

From there you can really go to town with the various processors, filters and FX.
Yes! The biggest appeal of Myth to me is its rhythmic capabilities, nicely mixing altered tones with beats.

https://youtu.be/_cmgRiyenag

an excellent demo of Myth by Martin Stürtzer

(live now, at the time of posting at least)

kraster wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:29 pm
databroth wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:09 pm

haha, thank you

It's a beast for rhythmic stuff.

I put two breaks into Myth and added a few oscillators and other shenanigans.

It's Wild.

All triggered with one note looping. No external sequencing.

https://youtu.be/iPSAuv39gMo?si=FNGzBdf71niWYRY4
Agree the MSEGs make it wonderful for rhythmic work, it’s really an excellent synth all round though and my favourite from Dawesome.

It’s like a beautifully compact modular so would be cool to see new modules added. Just wish it were lighter on the cpu but can’t have it all.

Return to “Instruments”