Klanghelm Reverb TENS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Brilliant developer and brilliant plugin, the beat synced timings is one of my favourite features, its great to put things straight in the box at the tap of a button.
Duh

Read the manual for some tips on how to save CPU like not using Drive and setting the "In" switch to Mono (assuming you're using a mono source).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:01 am Read the manual for some tips on how to save CPU like not using Drive and setting the "In" switch to Mono (assuming you're using a mono source).
It uses about the same cpu as Tai Chi on my old system with all features engaged.

Fantastic plugin.

Some great wobbly madness possibilities.

The EQ is amazingly over the top. Modulation is great. You can do both ducking and gating (simultaneously) with the envelope follower.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:56 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:01 am Read the manual for some tips on how to save CPU like not using Drive and setting the "In" switch to Mono (assuming you're using a mono source).
It uses about the same cpu as Tai Chi on my old system with all features engaged.
Asian plugins tend to use a very lot of cpu

Im going to try this. I have Little Plate and The Arturia spring one and they work ok, but I still can't dial them in how I want on Claps and Hats - its either too much or too little. Will see how this goes. Klanghelm makes great plugs.

Purchased , klanghelm fanboy :tu:
ONe thing I've noticed , on the freebee the stereo mode essentially doubles the cpu usage , on the full version the cpu stays the same but sadly it's the same as freebee in stereo mode
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I noticed a bug with the plugin name. The models are based on the BX5, BX10, BX15, BX20, BX25 so they go up in FIVES. In fact, it's FIVE models of units whose model numbers go up in FIVES. I believe the plugin should be called FIVES. Not TENS. ;)

They are stereo. ;)

cpu usage too high, waiting for optimization update before buy :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:24 pm cpu usage too high, waiting for optimization update before buy :?
It's already heavily optimized. Took quite some time and effort to get where it is now CPU-wise. There are so many different nuances going on at the same time, it needs some CPU-power to do these reverbs justice. Remember, TENS is physically modeled and completely algorithmic. It doesn't use convolution.

tonhelm wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:53 pm It's already heavily optimized. Took quite some time and effort to get where it is now CPU-wise. There are so many different nuances going on at the same time, it needs some CPU-power to do these reverbs justice. Remember, TENS is physically modeled and completely algorithmic. It doesn't use convolution.
I have not had CPU usage issues with it. And it's fantastic sounding. Great work, Tony, glad to support your business for all the great usage I've gotten from your tools. Thank you very much for keeping the other plugins up to date over the years as you have, really above and beyond man.

No problems here. Windows 10. Live 11. Looks beautiful too.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

tonhelm wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:53 pm
martiu wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:24 pm cpu usage too high, waiting for optimization update before buy :?
It's already heavily optimized. Took quite some time and effort to get where it is now CPU-wise. There are so many different nuances going on at the same time, it needs some CPU-power to do these reverbs justice. Remember, TENS is physically modeled and completely algorithmic. It doesn't use convolution.
i see, well my hobby lap top is very old so i am sure most people will have no problems with the cpu usage anyway :hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Buy now! :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”