SynthMaster 3 Official Thread - v3.0 Beta (VST2/VST3/AU2/Standalone) & Demo released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Hey everyone. First post on KVR. Excited about SM3. Running the Beta on Windows 11. 1) Not seeing any of the preview arrows in the browser. Is that implemented? Looking forward to that feature. 2) GUI resizing not working (implemented?) 3) Seems best if using a host like Ableton, NOT to enable QWERTY keyboard within SM3. Just use the Ableton QWERTY keyboard setup. Weird things happened when both enabled. 4) Would LOVE to see the ability to save individual Layers. That way full "Performances" (90s/00s Roland rompler speak) could be quickly designed out of existing saved Layers. Will look forward to hearing if anyone else including the designers have considered this. That's all for now. Really jazzed about SM3!

Floranada wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:55 am Hey everyone. First post on KVR. Excited about SM3. Running the Beta on Windows 11. 1) Not seeing any of the preview arrows in the browser. Is that implemented? Looking forward to that feature. 2) GUI resizing not working (implemented?) 3) Seems best if using a host like Ableton, NOT to enable QWERTY keyboard within SM3. Just use the Ableton QWERTY keyboard setup. Weird things happened when both enabled. 4) Would LOVE to see the ability to save individual Layers. That way full "Performances" (90s/00s Roland rompler speak) could be quickly designed out of existing saved Layers. Will look forward to hearing if anyone else including the designers have considered this. That's all for now. Really jazzed about SM3!
Hi there, let me answer one by one :)

1. The audio previews are currently available for SynthMaster One and SynthMaster 2 presets as they have the previews prepared for NKS integration. (We will prepare audio previews of the new factory presets as well, once our sound designers finish their jobs). I guess you haven't installed SynthMaster One or SynthMaster 2, rigtht ? Make sure to at least install SynthMaster 2 since you have a license for it.

preset preview.jpg

2. GUI resizing has been working all along. Can you share some screenshots on this ?

resize.jpg

4. You CAN save settings of any module, including layers themselves as they are also "container" modules in SynthMaster3:

layer save.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Is there a time estimation regarding the Grain OSC thing?:)
An may be the old green skin? Love it:)

classic wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:26 pm Is there a time estimation regarding the Grain OSC thing?:)
An may be the old green skin? Love it:)
Not yet, but I am hoping to start working on the granular osc on the last week of May.

The green skin might be easier, just need to edit colors and fonts of the current skin :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Thank you Bulent. I will try and make a screenshot of the GUI resizing. Will also experiment with strategies for using "templates" to build presets from other presets. Thanks for the clarity on the preview. I own both SM2 and SM1. Right now I'm just going to leave it with the SM3 presets to keep it "simple!"

Hi guys,

We have a new update for SynthMaster 3 (rev 15155), with some new features and critical bug fixes.

With this update, we added a help icon for each module for easy access to our tutorials:

help.jpg

We also added a new "pan type" parameter for layer voices. By default it is Osc, meaning that final panning is applied at the osc level (Older behavior in SM1 / SM2). But with the new 3 settings (Linear, Sinusoidal, Square Root), you can apply different pan curves to the voice before it is mixed into the output (The panning is applied at the VCA stage)

Pan Tyle.jpg

Here's the change log:

1. NEW: Added new pan types for layers (Osc, Linear, Sinusoidal, Square Root)
2. NEW: Added Help icons for different sections of the user interface (dialogs, oscillators, filters, modulation surces, arps and seqs)
3. NEW: Added velocity sensitivity to sample regions (amp_veltrack and amp_velcurve tokens)
4. NEW: Added the ability to edit similar parameters of multiple regions at the same time inside the Sample Editor
5. FIX: Modified the Glide (Portamento) length table for SynthMaster 3 presets. Starts from 0.4 ms now (instead of 3 ms)
6. FIX: SynthMaster One presets have incorrect Glide lengths for Mono presets
7. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when user changes the value of a parameter via sending midi cc message and at the same time a preset is loading
8. FIX: When Window length is set to greater than 2048 in the wavetable editor, SynthMaster 3 crashes
9. FIX: Replaced the dropdown to select wavetable number of frames with a textbox
10.FIX: When modulation type of a mod matrix entry is changed, the modulation about knob should change from bipolar to unipolar and vice versa
11.FIX: When an module is replaced with another type, oscillators/filters tab resets to show the 1st module instead of showing the last added one
12.FIX: When a macro is assigned to a knob, automatically fill up the macro name if the name was empty
13.FIX: Parsing root note from wav/aiff file should only work when root note token is separated by space, hyphen, underscore or dot
14.FIX: When adding a new keyframe in the wavetable editor, the keyframe should be created by interpolating in between the adjacent keyframes
15.FIX: Converting from an "empty" sample osc to a wavetable osc creates an invalid wavetable
16.FIX: Converting VAnalog osc to a wavetable osc might crash SynthMaster 3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

EDIT: Found it!!

Is there a way to reverse the scrolling direction in the browser? Two-finger scrolling with a trackpad is counterintuitive.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:28 pm EDIT: Found it!!

Is there a way to reverse the scrolling direction in the browser? Two-finger scrolling with a trackpad is counterintuitive.

Yeah, I think it was in a different spot from SM2. I had to hunt a bit to find it.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

It would be great if you could also add a written explanation to the help button and not just video.

syntonica wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:57 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:28 pm EDIT: Found it!!

Yeah, I think it was in a different spot from SM2. I had to hunt a bit to find it.
Only recently got SM2. But even when I did find the scroll-wheel option, the current GUI makes it hard to see the box to click. That might be due to my screen settings, though.

Some glitchy behaviour here:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:44 pm Some glitchy behaviour here:
Thanks for the bug report. Will be fixed in the next build!
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:47 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:44 pm Some glitchy behaviour here:
Thanks for the bug report. Will be fixed in the next build!

So far I can not reproduce this one.
Works at KV331 Audio

We have a new update for SynthMaster 3 (Rev 15162), includes bug fixes reported by our sound designers.

Here's the changelog:

1. NEW: Added 0/6/12 dB volume boost options to Modulators
2. FIX: Drag and drop files and folders from Presonus Studio One DAW doesn't work
3. FIX: Sequencer LFO doesn't work correctly when trigger is set to Random
4. FIX: Reverb effect Early/Late EQs don't work
5. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when Modulator is running in self feedback FM mode
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”